Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The Scholarship is open to full-time non-final year undergraduates who meet the following criteria:
1. Hong Kong Permanent Resident with the right of abode in Hong Kong;
2. Undertaking a science-related bachelor degree funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) – including (i) Sciences; (ii) Engineering & Technology; and (iii) Medicine & Health professions;
3. Preferably cumulative GPA of 3.3 (or equivalent) or above;
4. A minimum total TOEFL (Internet-based test) score of 90 with scores for individual sections not lower than 21 on reading, 22 on listening, 21 on speaking, and 17 on writing; or a minimum IELTS (Academic test) overall band score of 6.5, with no component below 6.0. These are irrespective of overseas universities’ requirements. All tests must have been taken on or since 1 February 2017;
5. Has passion in innovation and technology, and intention of pursuing this as a career;
6. Well-rounded, has participated in extra-curricular and/or community service activities;
7. Able to display tremendous upside potential and benefit the most from the Scholarship;
8. Willing to serve the community and have a strong commitment to Hong Kong;
9. Possesses good communication skills; and
10. Has not previously reserved an award in this Scholarship.
The Scholarship Secretariat reserves the right to accept or decline any application.