Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The Scheme is open to full-time non-final year undergraduates who meet the following criteria:
1. Hong Kong Permanent Resident with the right of abode in Hong Kong;
2. Undertaking a science-related bachelor degree funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) – including (i) Sciences; (ii) Engineering & Technology; and (iii) Medicine & Health professions;
3. Preferably cumulative GPA of 3.3 (or equivalent) or above;
4. A minimum total TOEFL (Internet-based test) score of 90 with scores for individual sections not lower than 21 on reading, 22 on listening, 21 on speaking, and 17 on writing; or a minimum IELTS (Academic test) overall band score of 6.5, with no component below 6.0. These are irrespective of overseas universities’ requirements. All tests must have been taken on or since 10 February 2016;
5. Has passion in innovation and technology, and intention of pursuing this as a career;
6. Well-rounded, has participated in extra-curricular and/or community service activities;
7. Able to display tremendous upside potential and benefit the most from the Scheme;
8. Willing to serve the community and have a strong commitment to Hong Kong;
9. Possesses good communication skills; and
10. Has not previously reserved an award in this Scheme.
The Scheme Secretariat reserves the right to accept or decline any application.