Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The Scholarship is open to full-time non-final year undergraduates who meet the following criteria:
1. Hong Kong Permanent Resident with the right of abode in Hong Kong;
2. Undertaking a science-related bachelor degree funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) – including (i) Sciences; (ii) Engineering & Technology; and (iii) Medicine & Health professions;
3. Preferably cumulative GPA of 3.3 (or equivalent) or above;
4. A minimum total TOEFL score of 90 (Internet-based test) with scores for individual sections not lower than 21 on reading, 22 on listening, 21 on speaking, and 17 on writing (test must be taken on or since 7th February 2018); or a minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5 (Academic module), with no component below 6.0 (test must be taken on or since 7th February 2018); or a minimum HKDSE English Language overall band score of 4. These are irrespective of overseas universities’ requirements;
5. Has passion in innovation and technology, and intention of pursuing this as a career;
6. Well-rounded, has participated in extra-curricular and/or community service activities;
7. Able to display tremendous upside potential and benefit the most from the Scholarship;
8. Willing to serve the community and have a strong commitment to Hong Kong;
9. Possesses good communication skills; and
10. Has not previously received this Scholarship.
The Scholarship Secretariat reserves the right to accept or decline any application.