Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The Scheme is open to full-time non-final year undergraduates who meet the following criteria:
1. Hong Kong Permanent Resident with the right of abode in Hong Kong;
2. Undertaking a science-related bachelor degree funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) – including (i) Sciences;
(ii) Engineering & Technology; and (iii) Medicine, Dentistry & Health;
3. Preferably cumulative GPA of 3.3 (or equivalent) or above;
4. A minimum total TOEFL score of 90 (Internet-based test) with scores for individual sections not lower than 21 on reading, 22 on listening, 21 on speaking, and 17 on writing; or a minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5 (Academic test), with no component below 6.0. These are irrespective of overseas universities’ requirements. All tests must have been taken on or since 11 February 2015;
5. Has passion in innovation and technology, and intention of pursuing this as a career;
6. Well-rounded, has participated in extra-curricular and/or community service activities;
7. Able to demonstrate commitment to Hong Kong;
8. Possesses good communication skills; and
9. Has not previously reserved an award in this Scheme.
The Scheme Secretariat reserves the final right to accept or decline any application.